Friday, March 22, 2013

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET ALEXANDRA!

*** BEFORE YOU READ THIS...LISTEN TO MICHAEL BUBLE'S BIRTHDAY SONG FOR ALI...FINGER WALK OVER TO POLLY'S PLAYLIST...ENJOY!

DADDY AND DAUGHTER IN PERFECT HARMONY!


ALEXANDRA'S CHRISTENING MAY 1989


PATRICIA, COLIN (FIRTH) AND ALI BABA!


ALI'S 2nd BIRTHDAY DUBLIN 1991


ALI IN HER FAVOURITE SAILOR DRESS!


                 ALI'S FIRST WINTER IN CANADA - FORT MCMURRAY, ALBERTA


BEAUTY AND THE BOOKS

A PERFECT ANGEL ON HER HOLY COMMUNION DAY!


                                            MY GOLDEN GAL!



                   THE HAPPY STUDENT AT SACRED HEART SCHOOL, CALGARY


               ALI DOING A TWIRL IN HER FAVOURITE RED VELVET GOWN


A princess is born...23rd March, 1989.

It was approx. 9.45 a.m. on a glorious Holy Thursday morning March 23rd, 1989. The sun was blazing down on my back as I hung up  clothes to dry in the garden. I was humming away to myself, delighted with life. Ginger the neighbour's cat sat watching me from her corner in the sun. She was also 'with-child'.

Suddenly, without warning I felt an intense dart of pain in my side. I ran into the house to Kevin "I think the baby may be coming!" I screamed, trying to remain as calm as I could. "Quick we better get going!" Kevin said, as the blood drained from his face. He was worse than me! I had everything packed - ready to go. The journey across the city was hell! It was jam packed with shoppers busy getting ready for Easter. The traffic was bumper to bumper. Beads of stress glistened on poor Kevin's face!! ' We should have left earlier..." (ya know the usual man talk!!)

It was Daffodil Day and people were all wearing cheery daffodils on their lapels. (We later called Ali our 'daffodilly daughter'). The pain was escalating and all I could do was pray I would make it to the Rotunda Hospital in time - I just about made it! This frequently happens when an Aries baby is on it's way!

As soon as I arrived at the hospital, the staff put me in a wheelchair. I felt like an old dame - but that's hospital policy. Everything happened in a whirlwind - Fast! At 12.59 p.m. I was holding the most beautiful baby I had ever seen in my life - Alexandra. But of course Victoria and Claudia were also the most beautiful babies I'd ever seen... Everybody commented on how beautiful her eyes were and said she would be a beauty. I remember the customary tea and toast I was given to enjoy as the nurses bathed Ali and got her dressed in the easter bunny yellow outfit I had brought for her. It was a sunny, beautiful, and very happy day for Kevin and I.

The strange thing was there was no pain - absolutely none! I was SO psyched up for torture that when Àli arrived I remember asking the midwives "Is that it?" not realizing she was fully born!! No epidurals, no painkillers, no stitches - just gas and what fun that was. The music in the labour room was the theme song from the Western movie 'The Good, the Bad and the Ugly'.  I was in stitches laughing. I think it was laughing gas they gave me!

Where have the years gone by? Insane how time flies...HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET ALI BABA! We all love you SO much. Thank you for making the last 24 years golden daffodilly years for us. God Bless you babe and may the force be with you!!

Birthday kisses and hugs xxx

Ma, Da, Victoria, Claudia, Lulu of the toothless mouth, Chi Chi and Tessa xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment